Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Where has the time gone?????


I cannot believe that it has been almost six weeks since Noa burst into our lives. Before she was born, I had these wistful and romantic visions of blogging every day during her daily naps. Hah!
What is that saying--If you want to make God laugh, make a plan. My good intentions have succumbed to what I call the fastest slowest days in the world. If you were to ask me what we do on any given day, I would tell you that we just hang around caring for the wee one, but somehow, I look at the clock and several hours have passed. Making phone calls is now the biggest task, let alone answering the phone when it rings. Anyway...... I don't want to spend this small window of time talking about time....

Noa is the most beautiful and amazing thing that has ever happened to us-- we can and do stare at her for hours on end and ask ourselves where this amazing creature came from. I watch her sleep or share long glances with her as she nurses and I cannot believe that I have a daughter.
I am not one who normally uses such words, but I feel that she is truly a miracle.

Six weeks in, I feel that we are really hitting our stride. Jeremy and I are much more confident that we were in the early days and we seem to be doing a great job responding to her needs. Right now, she has been dealing with some troublesome gas for the past few days and we are helping her learn how to poot it out--I dare say that she couldn't ask for two better teachers on the subject. You can see her expression change as she struggles with a gas bubble and we help her bend and twist and encourage her little tummy muscles to push it out. I think she is getting it because she doesn't seem as disturbed by the process as she did initially. We encourage her and cheer when she makes a poot, rub her back, and urge her to make another. Not glamorous or exciting, but we wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments: