Friday, September 08, 2006

*BIG* love


I love this kid so much. I heard people describe their love for their children before, but it is something you cannot fully grasp until it happens to you. At least, I didn't get it. I would kill for this kid, no hesitation. Heaven help the poor soul who dares break her heart or look at her cross-eyed.
They will have some mama bear wrath to deal with! She is six weeks now, and it is hard to believe how much she has changed in that short time. Physically, she is longer and fuller (she has gained 2 whole pounds since she was born!), and emotionally, she is growing too. We still see the frequent appearance of the "b00-boo" lip when she has ceased to be happy with the status quo, but now we are able to distract her with a silly song (more on this later) or expression and extend the non-fussy times. She is able to sustain face time longer and is becoming quite fond of the bouncy vibrating chair that Sara loaned us--I can now take a shower or eat in relative leisure without holding her and she can keep it together for a while. JOY! The paradox is that sometimes I need a break from her, and when I get one, I miss her terribly. The other day, Jeremy had her in the sling and I went to take a nap and I couldn't fall asleep without holding and smelling a piece of her clothing. I am head over heels for her, and Jeremy is too. Wearing the sling hurts his back and yet he dutifully and joyfully dons it so that he can spend time with her. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to find him staring at her as she sleeps, and he is grinning ear to ear.


I hear her fussing in the background....Gotta go.

No comments: