Saturday, September 30, 2006

For a limited time only!

My mom and I bought this outfilt for Noa before she was born. I half expected to bring her home from the hospital in it, but it was woefully too big on her, so it went into the drawer for "later". The other day, Jeremy and I were playing dress up with her and realized that the clothing that had been in the "too big for Noa" pile now had to be moved to the "we'd better get this on her now because at this rate she is growing so fast, she will only get a chance to wear it once, and we don't want to have wasted money" pile.

It is so exciting to see evidence of her growth. We had such a bumpy start with the breastfeeding, I get a real rush seeing that she is certainly getting everything she needs from me. Also, as someone who has had a troubled relationship with my body image at times, it is a whole new perspective, receiving joy from her weight gain and thriving, healthy body. I dare say she will probably only have one more chance to wear this outfit before it gets retired (maybe we can extend it a week longer if we put her in a disposable diaper--the cloth ones give her booty such heft!). We'll have to plan an outing so that she can show off a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mommy isn't it time for lunch again? Ah, the joys of motherhood. And to think that my genetic clock is ticking!