Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What a Wonderful World

This morning, I was up before Noa, so I had some time to get ready for her before she started stirring in her crib. She normally wakes up at 7:15 on the dot, but today, it was 7:30 and I still hadn't heard a peep from her so I peeked into her room. From the door, I could see her holding a pacifier in each hand, gently clanking them together, softly cooing at her hands. Very sweet. She then reached one of her hands behind her and through the slats of the crib. I knew that she was going to toss the paci to the ground, so I silently stepped forward and caught it as she let it go. In the same motion, I then tossed it back into the center of the crib, all out of her line of sight.

As Noa heard the paci hit the crib mattress, she cooed with joy and surprise and reached over to grab it. The coolest part is that she didn't even think to look behind her, there was no deductive reasoning as to how the paci got there. I love that she is little enough to still live in a world where pacis fall from the sky for her use and amusement.

I stood there for a few more minutes just watching her entertain herself before I peeked my head over the rail of the crib and said "good morning" and was greeted with the world's biggest, silliest smile.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What a wonderful story. It made me smile. :)