Friday, January 19, 2007

Lil' Sicko

Well, Noa is still sick. She's got herself a runny nose, a cough, and a minor ear infection. You can see in her eyes that she is a bit off her game, but her mood continues to be good and she can still muster a smile through her stuffiness. Plus her mouth is open all the time so that she can breath, so there is always a drool-pool on the front of her clothing. She had only had this sweater on for a minute or two, so she hadn't yet gotten it good and wet.

I realize that one of my character defects that is highlighted by parenthood is that I LIKE TO HAVE SOMEONE TO BLAME WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG! This situation is no exception. My mind scours every person who so much looked at Noa cross-eyed this week, anyone with a runny nose, anyone who touched her with germ-ridden hands, to find the culprit who caused her discomfort. I have a prime suspect, someone I am convinced is guilty of spreading disease like wildfire and undoubtedly a very bad and unlikeable person, but I will not mention them in detail because I am trying to surrender and be kind and serene and not someone who entertains thoughts of committing great physical harm on another. But suffice it to say, I have been ruminating on this JUST A BIT!

Similarly, I was thisclose to writing a very sternly worded letter to Fisher Price because their stupid swing that we depend on the get the girl to sleep sometimes messes up and stops swinging at a very crucial point in the Noa sleep cycle. A few times I have gone up to her becuase I hear her crying only to find that the @#%*! swing has come to a halt. When this happens, it is a crap- shoot as to whether she will go back to sleep after that, and then we have a cranky baby on our hands. SOMEONE MUST PAY!

But what was I saying about serenity? Ah yes. Let it go, Kellie. Let it go.

Here she is sucking on the bottle of airborne, thus ironically passing along her little germies to those wishing to boost their immune systems. Silly baby.

No comments: