Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tee hee- Meet the South Park Gluskins

First off, thanks to Rebecca for so aptly modeling such a great source of time suckage. I spent WAY too much time figuring this out, getting it cropped and posted to my blog. Noa is off in dreamland and perhaps I should be doing something productive, or maternal, or perhaps I should be sleeping myself, but this captured my focus and I couldn't stop until I got it.

Click here if you want to create your own south park likeness.

I can't stop laughing. I think the one of Jeremy is the best.


Sleep-deprived mommy and daddy.....................



and their drooly, adorable babe.



Noa and I had lunch with my friend, Elizabeth and her 2.4 year old son, Mason, and then we went to the Mother Ship (the super huge Longs Drug Store in Oakland) and got ourselves a two- foot xmas tree. When we were in the store, EVERYONE wanted to touch Noa and I wasn't sure how to handle it. Do people do this with every baby they see, or are people especially drawn to her? I swear, it is like moths bouncing off a lightbulb or something. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see that people will try to walk past her and then they pause, as though they get caught in her force field and turn and make a bee-line toward her. Of course, I think she is the most amazing thing, and I am glad other people appreciate her wonderful-ness, but I also want to make sure that I am protecting her space and teaching her that she has a right to have her boundaries. This task is definitely going to be a work in progress seeing as I am a recovering people-pleaser. I want her to grow up knowing that "No" is a complete sentence. I am realizing that there are so many things I want her to learn and feel confident about, and in order to guide her, I will have to learn them first.


No comments: