Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Post-Immunization Update

As predicted, Noa handled the shots well. She was a tiny bit more fussy, but she didn't have any fever at all, and her sleep and appetite were great. On Tuesday, the day after, she was quite sleepy, so we spent the majority of the day in bed. She would fuss if I tried to move away so eventually, I just made piece with lying with her and made the best of it. I took some pictures of Noa's favorite things to stare at when she is in bed.



She loves staring at the slats on the bed frame. It was one of the first things we noticed that kept her attention......



This painting always brings a smile to her face. Sometimes when I am trying to get her to fall asleep. I have to turn her the other way so that she can't see it, otherwise, she will stay awake to stare at it. I painted it so I take it as a huge compliment.....



The ceiling fan is always a good time killer. We score extra points if we turn it on and then slow it down....



The flowers in the wall vase are a relatively new discovery....

She is teaching me how to really look at things. The colors, contrasts, textures. It just requires slowing down and not thinking that my time would be better spend vacuuming or something else. I remind myself that this phase of her life won't last long, so I am soaking up every minute. When she is older, I won't regret not running errands, but I would regret missing this lounging time with her.

I ran across this poem on another mom's blog. I think it says it all:

"Babies Don't Keep"

Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth
empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
hang out the washing and butter the bread,
sew on a button and make up a bed.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(lullaby, rockabye, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
and out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
but I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

-- Author Unknown





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kellie,

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and the hot tip on Felicia’s doula training. I have spent quite a bit of time checking out her website and my hubby is completely behind me going for it; despite the fact that means he will be stuck taking care of Normy for two whole days without our one car while I doula-it-up in San Fran. Smoochy pretty much rules.

So you did this training, huh? That is very cool. Are you still an aspiring doula or has that been put on the back burner for a little while now that Noa has come into your life. She is just precious. I’ve loved reading about you guys on your blog. You are off to a great start with it. Keep writing!

I would love to pick your brain about the doula seminar. Maybe, over a coffee? My email is smooch4life@gmail.com if you’d like to drop me a line we could be in touch!

Again, Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

oops...I just realised I gave you my email wrong!!! :-(

It's:

smoochy4life@gmail.com...
I forgot the y.